About the Job
Our work spans a broad industry spectrum to keep things thought-provoking and exciting; from nationwide consumer education campaigns to highly specialized advocacy work. This opportunity offers the chance to team with leadership to manage diverse accounts and serve as an integral part of developing strategic partnerships with clients. Expertly manage accounts with day-to-day counsel to clients and teams, developing communication plans that map back to client objectives and leading account teams in program execution and results reporting. Engage potential patient advocacy and healthcare professional partners on behalf of clients Originate and review content, including programs/plans, media materials, thought-leadership communications and byline articles. Exercise strong media skills, guiding colleagues around corporate and clinical announcements/milestones; generate new ideas for pitches and placements. Develop social media strategy and provide counsel for engagement in a highly regulated environment.
Leadership on new business efforts, from informing the strategic approach to presentation development.
You will be successful at Makovsky if you have a collaborative attitude, sound judgment, respect for colleagues, and a great sense of humor. You lead by example and demonstrate expertise in your understanding of the healthcare, medical device, medical technology and pharmaceutical industries, with significant experience developing and executing programs for clients in this space. Additionally, we are looking for the following:
- 8+ years of agency or related experience in the health industry
- Proven track record of contributing value in account management, including building strong client relationships, managing various accounts, overseeing budgets and KPI tracking, and teaching/mentoring junior staff
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A seasoned writer with an aptitude for developing a wide range of content from communications plans to proposals both clinical and consumer-focused
- Experience in new business plan and strategy memo development, including proficiency in PowerPoint
- Deep knowledge of the health and business media landscape with the ability to execute strategic programs with proven media results
- Experience using social media platforms both paid and organic for clients and an interest to evolve as the medium shifts
- Ability to provide clear direction and mobilize a team in a collaborative environment