Makovsky, a leading integrated communications firm for over 40 years, is known for its strategic partnership with clients in the Health, Financial + Professional Services, Energy, Consumer, and Technology industries. This involves immersion into clients’ business, culture, and thinking and to effectively become a working extension of the client. We are seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join our growing team and add to this dynamic. The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to take an active role in client activities.
- The AAE is responsible for collaborating with account teams in daily activities. They will learn Makovsky’s various approaches including integrated communications, media relations, trend monitoring, brand collaborations, social media and support account teams in the execution of these processes for clients.
- Learn and understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers, and competitors.
- Build and foster ongoing relationships with key media across brands.
- Research, outline, write, edit, and proofread materials, specifically pitches, product key messages, fact sheets, talk tracks, media briefing documents and more.
- Conduct media outreach and follow up in alignment with pitch calendar and agile opportunities.
- Assist with research including industry trends and competitor innovations.
- Coordinate details for brand collaborations and virtual press & influencer events including securing attendees, staffing events, and preparing recap reports.
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media monitoring reports and competitor coverage, scheduling, and logistics.
- Assist with vendor management for brand initiatives including not limited to influencer partnerships, events, and activations.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media platforms and the social media industry, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, influencer marketing and basic principles of community engagement.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Makovsky’s values, code of ethics and business conduct.
- This is an entry-level account position. An assistant account executive will possess good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Prior internship experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work to their team and clients.
- Writing samples may be requested.