Makovsky, a leading integrated communications firm for over 40 years, is known for its strategic partnership with clients in the Technology, Health, Financial + Professional Services, Energy, and Consumer industries. This involves immersion into clients’ business, culture, and thinking and to effectively become a working extension of the client. We are seeking an Account Executive, Senior Account Executive, or an Account Supervisor (title will be determined by candidate’s experience and skillset) to join our Technology/Energy team and add to this dynamic. The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to take an active role in client activities. Strong media relations and pitching, B2B client knowledge, program management and writing is required for success in this role.
- Build and cultivate relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Conceptualize and create communications plans that meet client objectives, including story angles, pitches and other media opportunities.
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence.
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content.
- Supervise staff junior to you by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback.
- Help plan and coordinate traditional and social media outreach programs.
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research, and proposal preparation.
- Commit to continuous learning; set and pursue stretch goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Makovsky’s values and code of ethics and business conduct.
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience in public relations, communications and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media, and publishing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent experience) and a proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop communications plans, implement public relations tactics, and impart knowledge to more junior team members.
- Have strong research, writing, editing and client interaction skills, perform well under pressure and be a team player.